Thursday, December 16, 2010

Patience

Patience - the capacity to accept or tolerate delay, trouble, or suffering without getting angry or upset.

You know, it never fails.. there has and always is an area in my life that God wants me to grow in and apparently, He's wanting me to work on patience. I promise, lately life has been going in a direction that's unexpected. It's not a bad thing.. just unforeseen.

I am a very "need-to-know" kind of person. I like to know the who, what, when, where, and whys. Details make me happy.. and when I don't have them, I tend to feel lost and confused. But, God doesn't always want us to know everything.. He wants us to wait for Him and He'll lead us in the direction we need to go.

I tend to get so caught up with life that I skip the patience and get on with what I believe needs to happen. I grew up being a pretty patient child (except for when waiting for the bathroom, haha). Patience is a choice.. a choice that can only be made when you choose to live life and not let life live you.

God, I thank You for opening my eyes to why You have me in the place I'm in. I appreciate Your help when I feel my patience is none. I pray You continue to help me grow into the woman You have called me to be. I choose to wait on You and follow the path You lay before me. In Your Precious Name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment