Saturday, October 2, 2010

Forgiveness.

Yesterday, my mom and I were heading home after a trip to WAL-MART. As my speed attempted to hit 45, I noticed a car facing me halfway in my lane. I slowly braked so I wouldn't hit them. As I did so, I noticed the nice-looking car behind my slamming on their brakes (it was obvious they were too close to me). Because traffic in the other lane was moving fast I decided it'd be best to wait until the car ahead of me got through. As I waited, the car behind began getting upset.. vigorously honking at me. I felt bad for them, but I didn't want to risk an accident with the old man in the car ahead of me. After he finally got the chance to move on through traffic, I went on my way.

Well, the car behind me still was not very happy with me. They got in the lane beside and had what looked like revengeful looks on their faces. I then noticed that the young lady driving the car goes to church with me, is in track at Wayland.. AND works at WAL-MART. After I passed the green light the upset lady cut me off and slammed on her brakes. If it weren't for my mom warning me that she thought they were going to do that, I would have been in an accident. ://

When we realized what they were doing, I moved into the turn lane and they drove on. I sat in that turn lane scared and angry with this driver I knew from church. I waited for my heart to stop racing and then drove on home.

My good mom, told me to breathe and remember.. that awful driver isn't worth it. She's not worth me being an emotional wreck. I prayed and prayed and prayed all the way home and the rest of the evening. "God please bless her.. and erase the fear and anger in my heart."

All I was doing was trying to prevent an accident.. and someone gets mad. An evil mad.. to the point they tried getting me in an accident with them. Even picturing her face now make me want to cry. I was just trying to do the right thing. It was kind of like a child getting whoopins for returning a lost wallet to it's owner.

All I can say is:
Thank You, God for saving my mom and I and everyone else on the rode from the things that could have happened. And please God, bless her. Bless her mind, soul, and body. May the bondage of unforgiveness flee and the blessing of forgiveness refuse disapearance. Bless her, God.
In Jesus' name,
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment