Monday, August 16, 2010

Crowned in Victory - That's Me!


As much as I can't stand who Hannah Montana has created herself to be, I love her song: Nobody's Perfect. The song speaks a lot of truth.

Everybody make mistakes, everybody has those days. -1) Tis true, isn't it? We all make mistakes. Each and everyone of us. Whether we will fess up to it or not. We all have those day where we just can't seem to get things right. 2) Please realize that it says "those days." I translate that and believe that nobody has to live a daily life of mistakes. It should be "those days" that we mess up. When Christ dwells in us, it is very possible to go days with out doing wrong.

She then goes on to say:

Sometimes I'm in a jam, I've gotta make a plan. -To me, Miss Montana kind of formed this stanza wrong. Making a plan after the jam doesn't do much help unless the situation arises again (which does often happen). But, what helps is if you have a plan before hand, then the situation doesn't have to turn into a jam. "If you fail to plan, you plan to fail."

Further into the song she says:

When you just can't seem to win . . .figure something else out. -"Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." (Albert Einstein). For a long time I believed I had the best answer.. and it was always the same answer to this specific problem.. BUT, the results never changed till I made a choice to change the action towards the situation.

Closer to the end she states:

And if I mess it up sometimes, nobody's perfect. -Remember you are human. You will occasionally mess up. Don't beat yourself up because of the mistakes you make. As long as you learn from them, there is nothing to be ashamed of. Forgive yourself and move on.


I've been sober for 6 months. Not from alcohol.. but from an addictive drug.. BOYS. It's been 6 months since I've kissed a guy or been kissed by one. 6 months since I've been held by by a guy. 6 months of being sober from a drug I was so heavily addicted to. There are times I still lay on my bed in fetal position and cry.. I miss it. Are there times I pray a random (but handsome) guy would run up to me, wrap me in his arms, and gently kiss me? Heck yes! But I see the prize at the end of this!... Did I just call my future husband a PRIZE? I sure did! I ain't fighting this good fight for nothing. And I ain't running this race for nothing. Sober 6 months! That's half a year! I know it's a sin, but I still have those days where I allow my mind to be consumed by my desperation in this area. I always said I wouldn't be a kissaholic and wouldn't be one of "those" girls. But I was one. I became one because I failed to plan. I always handled situations with guys, the same. a)Hang out with them alone. B)We start doing things I won't mention. C)Then after it's all been done, I say it won't happen again.
But because I never tried another option, like saying "No, I won't be alone with you." I could never win. 6 months ago, I said no more. Since then I've been taking steps that make walking the right path a little easier. For instance, I do not text guys. Period. Why? Because it would be tempting to let them talk dirty to me and that is wrong. I will win this! I stand in victory!

6 Months sober and I sure as hell ain't giving up!

2 comments:

  1. WooHoo! Wanted to tell you something your niece said last night...She was hungry and exclaimed that her tummy hurt like she was having a baby! I was LMAO! too funny. You are CROWNED IN VICTORY! love ya lots! rowena

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahah! I miss them like crazy! Even when they get on my nerves! I plan on sending a package over there soon. Be expecting it. Love you!

    ReplyDelete